Monday 27 July 2015

Some Wedding Gifts

We're just back from the beautiful wedding of two good friends in Cirencester. Absolutely exhausted but lots of happy memories, and their wedding day was sunny and bright - heavy rain the day before and day after so they were super lucky! I was honoured to be bridesmaid and wanted to make them some handmade gifts to go with their main present. Being last minute I finished some of them off in the car on the way there, so the only photos I have are in the hotel in bad light the day before the wedding. Oh well.

First up are a set of facecloths, my first excursion with Rico Creative Cotton. I liked the texture, which was thick and durable but it could have been a bit softer!




2. Then I thought this heart doily was very well suited to a wedding present. I tried to match it to their colour scheme. I really like this pattern, it's simple and works up quickly and I think it's really effective. It's free and can be found here.




3. Finally a cross-stitch wedding sample in some terribly blurry photos. I'm really pleased with how this came out :)





Now to finish off some long-standing WIPs. Have you ever made wedding gifts? I have some more weddings coming up and thought I might keep up the habit :)

17 comments:

  1. How lovely of you to make these wonderful gifts.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely gifts! Especially the cross stitch!! I am sure they will treasure them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friends are really lucky to receive such beautiful handmade wedding gifts. I'm sure they'll treasure them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Janine :) I hope so!

      Delete
  4. These are some special gifts you made, I'm sure your friends love them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, it takes me ages to do cross stitch, your friends must have loved those gifts. I made a tatted lace horse shoe once from this pattern http://www.be-stitched.com/pattern0808horseshoe.php I'm sure a crocheted version would work too. Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Helen that's stunning!! A horse shoe is a great idea :) x

      Delete
  6. Beautiful makes Helen and so special for your friends.
    I adore your cross stitch.

    luv
    irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene! I wish I had the patience to do more of it...

      Delete
  7. Lovely gifts, and I too really like the cross stitch, is it a kit? I am tempted to do a similar one for my niece who is getting married next year.You have some lucky friends!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Caz :) It's actually a pattern from a very old issue of Cross Stitcher: if you're interested I can scan and email it to you to look at? or post a photocopy :) Would be happy to, let me know at woollybluebells@gmail.com if you'd like a copy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website.
    wedding cake

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)