Sunday 10 August 2014

Home Sweet Home


It's so nice being home, and settled again. Having not being able to bake for a few weeks I quickly seized the opportunity and made chewy chocolate cookies, so easy and very tasty - they didn't last long! (recipe here)



We bought these lovely ceramic plant markers at a Berlin market: chive, parsley and thyme. My favourite plant in the garden is also out in full bloom, I do love hydrangeas :)



I stayed with a good friend in Nottingham on Friday, we had some drinks and dancing and then the next day we went into town. After lunch at Jamie's Italian (YUM) we did a spot of shopping, and picked up some tarts from Patisserie Valerie for afternoon tea. Isn't her tea service wonderful! It's vintage 70s, I love the vivid colours.


I've now joined two rows of my blanket for Bonnie - slow progress but worth it! C and I have a bet going as to when I will finish, watch this space!!


20 comments:

  1. Yum, these cookies look good! ��

    Blanket looks good already!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! They went very quickly :) LG

      Delete
  2. Your friends tea set is beautiful isn't it! I was guessing with myself what your plant labels were for (as in what plants), I only guessed thyme, but as I speak no German, I don't think that is too bad!! Hope that you have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) Good guess!! Hope all's well xx

      Delete
  3. the cookies look good. lovely plant makers. the blanket looks good. the tea service of your friend is beautiful!!

    wish you a beautiful week,
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina! It was a lovely week hope you're well :) LG xxx

      Delete
  4. Nottingham is my old stomping ground. I grew up there. I'm glad you had a good time. Your cookies look just like mine. My kids LOVE them. T x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow awesome! I've been a student there for many years now, it's a really great city :) Hehe I bet they go down very well! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Helen, your cookies look delicious, I've been creating in the kitchen too over the weekend, you will find my cooking adventures on my 2nd blog Myrtle's Craft Studio (link in the sidebar of my crochet blog)
    That vintage tableware is so pretty, in my city we have a little independent shop selling all sorts of vintage stuff, I drool over it all every time I visit.
    Good progress on your blanket too, you have been super busy, thanks for the comment you left on my blog, my tunic is coming along slowly.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I shall have to check out your other blog! Looking forward to seeing the tunic progress!! xx

      Delete
  6. The blanket looks great so far! I really like the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookies look so yummy! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful blanket!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie they were rather scrummy! Wish the blanket was as quick!!

      Delete
  8. Yummy cookies! The colours you've chosen are lovely, I can't wait to see the finished blanket :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth :) still ploughing on with the blanket! xx

      Delete
  9. Your cookies looks so tempting.. Your blanket is progressing well.. Love the plant markers.. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, those cookies look delicious, but then, so do those tarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Jo! It was a happy day for baked wares :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)