Sunday 5 July 2015

48 Hours in Madrid

Last weekend I was lucky enough to head off to Madrid for a couple of days, for the hen party of a good friend whose wedding I'm bridesmaid at in July.

I had never been to Spain before, and so was doubly excited! My friend grew up in Madrid, and her sister and best friend from school were there as well so we were in excellent hands.

We had an activity planned for Saturday, and most of Sunday was spent lounging by the pool (it was over 40 degrees so I think anything else would have been too adventurous!) so we didn't spend much time in Madrid itself. What I did see however I really really liked, and once the wedding is over I'm heading back with my friend to be a proper tourist :)

We stayed on the Plaza Mayor which is one of the big squares in the centre. The buildings were beautiful and there was a great statue in the middle.





On Sunday morning a couple of friends and I walked to the Cathedral and palace quickly, just to get a sense of the city, I loved the streets and buildings!




This is the cathedral, mass was being held so I didn't go in.




And the palace... so beautiful!


And finally when we headed back I took some quick snaps out of our appartment window. In one direction ramschackled red rooftops which looked very Spanish to me, and out of the other the main square.





I can't wait to explore more of Spain!

11 comments:

  1. It looks like a spectacular place to visit! Great photos - looks like something from a movie set!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Imagens belíssimas!!! Um lindo passeio virtual através de suas fotos.

    Boa semana!
    Beijinhos¸⋰˚✿
    ✿¸⋰˚✿

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Madrid, it looks lovely :) But really if you were after sun you could've just stayed in Blighty ;)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking me back to Madrid. We were there in 2004 for our honeymoon and have plans to return soon to relive some memories! I hoe you get to see more of the city after the wedding weekend. It is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a brilliant short holiday time! I haven't been to Spain yet but I need to travel there someday! Hopefully a little bit less warm then... :P

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you enjoyed your visit, I guess you found the weather quite hot, given where you live... : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what great architecture! The Cathedral and palace look stunning. We would love to see more from your Spain trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, great looking place. I have never been to Madrid but would love to go. Glad you had a great weekend
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks a wonderful place to visit x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Madrid but had heard it is a great place to visit, it looks wonderful. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Madrid looks a fab place to explore further. I have never been.. One of these days I will! It sounds as though you had lots of fun xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)