Wednesday 18 February 2015

Checking In: February



Making : Mostly my Bonnie Blanket still, it's taking a while but I'm starting to enjoy the slow pace
Cooking : Jambalaya - fry up onions and veg, add rice, tinned tomatoes and stock and then simmer until rice is cooked. We season with some spicy BBQ flavouring :) 
Drinking : Tea. Always Tea.
Reading: 'The Constant Princess' by Philippa Gregory 
Wanting: To be outside walking in the sun
Deciding: On new deadlines, new timetables
Enjoying: The longer days
Waiting: For the bluebells to come in the Spring
Wondering: When our next Bonnie trip might be
Loving: Being at home after temping in Leicester
Pondering: Whether to carry on with my chapter once I've written this or just go and enjoy the sun
Considering: Baking tonight - it has been a while!
Buying: Surprisingly, still nothing! I'm on a crafting detox until I've finished something
Watching: Call the Midwife - I haven't seen it yet so started from the beginning. Amazing!! It's definitely not something C would watch so I wait for the occasional stolen moment when I can curl up and watch it with my crochet
Marvelling: At the spring flowers popping up
Needing: Some time in which to do nothing
Wearing: My honeymoon cowl 
Knowing: I am loved
Thinking: About happy memories and special times
Sorting: Out a massive pile of notes that seems to have miraculously developed on my desk
Coveting: Time for crafting
Giggling: I haven't giggled for a wee while, I hope I will again soon
Feeling: Ponderous. 
Snacking: Snackajacks. Still
Comforting: Wishing I was able to comfort but with a few things at the moment being more in need of comfort
Wishing: For peace for someone dear to me
Hearing: The sound of the 'Pointless' theme tune... I think that means C has finished work for the day!

picture taken walking to work in Leicester after a dusting of snow the night before :)

15 comments:

  1. First of all, thanks a lot for your comment on my post, you're very kind and I really appreciated your words! xx
    Now about your post: February looks like an interesting month indeed! I must also add a thing, since you mentioned waiting for your beloved bluebells to bloom, you know this song: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebells_of_Scotland ?? I love the Corries' version, makes me think of far away places I still hope to visit someday... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Valentina thanks for the heads up I hadn't heard about that song, it's lovely! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen,

    What an interesting post. You and I covet the same thing... :) Have a great day!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth thanks for dropping in, more time to craft would be perfect :) have a great Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to catch up on what you have been up to. You will love Call the Midwife, but have a big box of tissues, it frequently makes me sob! Hope you enjoyed the baking! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy you're right, I've been sobbing away! I love it so much though :) baking was very enjoyable and well received ;) xx

      Delete
  4. I also enjoy longer days. It is so nice that there is daylight when I drive home from work!

    Michelle told me about Call the Midwife too. I reckon I need to find it somewhere too!

    Take care
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much nicer finishing work in the light :) ooh you definitely do! Amazon might be able to help??

      Delete
  5. Isn't it amazing to have a bit of sunshine again! I think it's time I watched Call the Midwife, it seemed to pass me by, but my mum raved about it. I hope the peace you are wishing for someone dear to you comes soon. I feel just the same at the moment. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lil You definitely should :) It's such a wonderful series :) Hope your nan is doing ok xxx

      Delete
  6. I agree with Amy, a box of tissues is a definite! A lovely way to define different aspects of your month x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Thanks for popping by Joanne :) x

      Delete
  7. Hi Helen, thank you for visiting my blog :) I love the way you've written this post: I also like to read Philippa Gregory's novels, and have been thinking about baking too. Hope you find time to enjoy the sunshiny moments :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy thanks for dropping by, Philippa Gregory's always a good read :) Hope you're enjoying some sunshine too x

      Delete
  8. I'm just on a quick blog catch up - life has rather gotten in the way recently. Lovely to read your catch up. I'm enjoying the snowdrops at the moment but am also keen to see the bluebells again. And oddly enough, have just taken a batch of chocolate chip and fudge cookies out of the oven.

    I'm hoping that your somebody dear has found the peace that you were wishing for and that you're back to giggling - a good giggle makes so much seem better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)