Friday 15 January 2016

Checking In - January






Making: My granny square blanket using left over wool from the wedding - all other crafting bits and bobs are packed! 

Cooking: Not a lot... I had a wisdom tooth out on Wednesday and am confined to gooey food. I miss eating!

Drinking: Lots of water

Reading: 'Lasting Damage' by Sophie Hannah - a bit slow to get going, but hope it picks up soon.

Wanting: My mouth to stop hurting

Looking: Forward to the big move - either next Friday or the following Monday, all being well.

Deciding: On fridges and sofas and all sorts of exciting things!

Wishing: Our solicitors would start pulling their weight a bit. They are impossible to get hold of and making the whole moving process that little bit more stressful.

Liking: The wintry weather.

Wondering: All sorts of paranoid things about post-op recovery - never google any illness. Ever!

Loving: The fact that having teeth removed seems to be the perfect post-xmas diet ;) 

Considering: How to rearrange all my crafty bits and bobs in the new house

Buying: Nothing, as all disposable income will be required for fridges and sofas etc.!

Watching: Daytime television. I wish it was a bit better!

Needing: Lots of pillows.

Wearing: PJs 

Following: With great sadness the news around the deaths of David Bowie and Alan Rickman.

Thinking: About new 'soft' foods to make. 

Admiring: New boots from Moshulu - they're blue!

Bookmarking: Baby blanket crochet patterns, three babies due May - June to different friends and relatives!

Coveting: All of my wool/books/magazines that are packed already

Disliking: I need to have my vaccinations for our trip to Asia in March and I'm really not looking forward to it.

Feeling: Sore and bruised but excited about the coming weeks.

Hearing: I'm listening to a lot of Paloma Faith at the moment, uplifting music.

12 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you again and sorry about your wisdom tooth. It sounds rather painful!
    But hoorray on moving! I'm so happy that you found a house! We won't get ours, sadly. But we already have new plans!
    Where do you travel to in March?
    Greetings from Austria
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The granny blanket looks fab. I shall start one, too (my stash is overflowing). Moving house is exiting! Hope your mouth will stop hurting soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are OK. Hope you will be even better soon. Hope that the move goes well! See you when you are all settled in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is so stressful isn't and everything moves so interminably slow? Hope it all goes well, and that you are soon reacquainted with all your crafting stash. And hope your mouth soon feels better! Have a good weekend
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting January for you, I hope your getting over your tooth extraction now. Exciting times ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you recover soon and all goes well with the move, it always seems to take so long. Good luck. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're feeling better now and enjoying 'normal' food again. Good luck too with the move. Moving to a new home is not easy - just focus on the exciting stuff! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen! Love your many lists! :)
    Your mouth will soon feel better, I'm sure!
    Good luck with your impending move!
    Wishing you a speedy return to some crocheting!
    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your granny square blanket - so colourful and cheerful.
    My sympathies with your wisdom teeth - I am nursing a family member right now who also had 'wizzies' out this week. It isn't nice and I wish a speedy recovery for you.
    The soft food can present a challenge after a few days, to keep it interesting. We are making lots of smoothies and creative mashes!
    May your recovery be speedy and may you be well enough to manage your big move.
    When it all gets too much, reach for the crochet hook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to read about your tooth, I hope you recover quickly! Best of luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been having a busy time by the sounds of things. Hope your mouth
    recovers from having teeth removed. Gorgeous granny square blanket, very
    cute.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)