Wednesday 1 October 2014

My Heart Belongs In Pembrokeshire

If I were a king in the Middle Ages who had the misfortune to be killed in battle, I would order for my heart to be sent to lovely Pembrokeshire. There, that's a cheerful thought isn't it?! We have snuck down to wonderful South Wales for a cheeky break just before C's birthday tomorrow - I've been coming here on family holidays since I was a little girl and my parents are now lucky enough to have a static caravan right next to the beach in the little hamlet of Amroth (just along from Tenby and Saundersfoot on Camarthen Bay) so we are able to come when we want. We haven't made it down this year yet, due to weddings and other stories, but we just managed to steal a few days of late September sunshine. I always feel peaceful and at home down here, the thesis has come with me so I'm not 100% relaxed but it is nice to write with the sound of the waves crashing on the sand and seagulls overhead. The internet is rather patchy and limited so I will just leave a few snapshots of out and about, including the beautiful beautiful coast.











Hello to all of my new readers, thanks for following, and thank you for the lovely comments on my last post.

Until Next Time :)

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful and amazing pictures !!!! I like them ... thanks for sharing... have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geraldine! Good work on the blanket :) have a good week!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I like the second a little bit more but all are amazing.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! i am looking at them longingly this week...

      Delete
  3. What a lovely break for you both-it is just blissful in that little area of Wales and a very nice time of year to go when it is just that bit quieter, time to think and breathe.
    Lovely pictures.
    Hope the sun keeps out this week for you.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen :) I do love it down there! The sun was on its best behaviour and it was just wonderful, we were so lucky with the weather!

      Delete
  4. Pembrokeshire is beautiful isn't it. I haven't been there for years, but you've reminded me, I'd love to go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in :) Hehe you should, it is as beautiful as ever :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to C!! Your photos are so beautiful, it looks so serene and relaxing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! he had a lovely day, and we both returned very relaxed!!! xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful pictures! I have a place where I can relax really well too: My family is having a vacation in Danemark (Sondervig) in spring since I am 10. When I arrive, I am on holidays straight away. So wonderful! We just booked a holiday there two weeks ago! Can't wait!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so important to have somewhere like that :) Hehe great that you have your next visit planned!!

      Delete
  7. Pembrokeshire looks so beautiful and serene. I can understand why you love this place... also wonderful clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anitha, it's a very special place :) have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Helen thank you for sharing this gorgeous place with us.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you whilst blog hopping via thistlebear and Woolandcats :) your photos of Pembrokeshire are gorgeous :) I especially love those hydrangeas, breathtaking :) thank you for sharing :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in Jill! and for your kind words :) I've never seen hydrangeas that colour, but then maybe I wasn't looking properly before ;) xo

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)