Sunday 12 October 2014

Autumnal Tidings

Crunchy leaves, wild berries, autumn sunlight, colds... there are lots of things that characterise Autumn for me. We've had a quiet weekend at home which has been nice, although it has been slightly marred by colds. We woke up and had banana pancakes today (recipe here) and then had a lovely walk through town and woodlands, collecting sloes for sloe gin.







Yesterday one of my best friends came to visit and we had afternoon tea on our vintage tea set which she gave us for a wedding present, and then sat and watched Strictly Come Dancing with my crochet, I don't really have a favourite this year like I did other years.



Oh yes, and I sorted out my yarn stash. This little pile is just my acrylic DKs.... there is oh so much more when you include other sorts! Time to get stash-busting methinks :S


I hope you've had a lovely weekend whereever you may be,

Until next time,

Helen x

11 comments:

  1. Nice pictures ! I wish you a lovely sunday too ! see you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear helen,
    i love the photos from your country. i wish i had sloes(schlehen) here in my part of the world.It sounds, that you have a wonderful tea time with your friend.love your crochet project.
    have a nice week,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could take a walk where you live, it is a beautiful place. It sounds like you had a wonderful, peaceful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are embracing autuum! I am quite fond of autuum this year too! The colours are breathtaking and if it wasn't for the nasty cold I got, I would certainly have another walk through the scenery this evening.

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen,
    Pancakes look scrummy, especially as I am hungry now reading your post.
    We had a similar weekend but without the colds-hope you are feeling better today. Sloes are on our 'to do' list, I got a gin making kit last Christmas so let me know if you are making something alcoholic with yours.
    Happy stash busting.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to go for a walk, I hope that you are all over your colds now. I love the tea set that your friend gave you, so lovely to have tea while watching Strictly, very English!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking in the woods, sorting yarn, tea and cake on vintage china - you are certainly embracing autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, apart from the colds, hope you're feeling better now. What a beautiful place for a walk, and sloes in to the bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like you've had a perfect autumn weekend. Mine has been far too busy and I hope that the next one will be more quiet, as well. Have a nice evening, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love banana pancakes! And your vintage tea set is delightful. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful place to take a walk. The tea set is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)