Thursday 16 October 2014

Checking In: October



Making : A Scarf for my wonderful Mum's birthday

Drinking : Tea - I'm a bit dependent

Reading: 'Post-Fascist Fantasies' by Julia Hell - still no relief from 
heavy reading for my thesis!

Wanting: To be back in Pembrokeshire

Looking: At temping jobs

Playing: With the idea of cutting my hair short, maybe it's time for 
a change :)

Enjoying: Some afternoon sun

Waiting: For the cake in the oven to be finished to go with my tea!

Liking: All of the beautiful autumn colours

Wondering: What comes next

Loving: Snuggly jumpers

Considering: Saying 'What the Hell' and booking a spa day ;)

Watching: Homeland (now I have caught up with Breaking Bad I'm making my way through the neglected 3rd series so I can watch the 4th!)


Hoping: An interview will go well tomorrow


Marvelling: At how slowly time passes when you want cake! 

Needing: Some time with my Mum

Smelling: The lovely smell of a cake baking

Wearing: A snuggly jumper!

Noticing: How soon it gets dark

Thinking: It is nearly Xmas :D (I'm a Christmas bunny, it drives people mad)

Sorting: Piles of photocopying from my last trip to Berlin

Buying: Not a lot - I am on a budget until I start working!!

Getting: Excited - I've just been asked to be a bridesmaid for an old friend from uni!

Giggling: At Miranda - I'm revisiting the old series 

Feeling: In need of Motivation

Snacking: (will soon be ) snacking on a cake!

Coveting: Cake

Wishing: The Cake was ready.... (ok this is getting ridiculous)

Hearing: A CD I bought from a busker in Berlin, an amazing acoustic band, brings back memories of autumn in Berlin last year.

10 comments:

  1. Ha ha hope your cake was yummy, I could almost smell it cooking myself-bit peckish now.
    Good luck sweetie with your interview, fingers crossed for you.
    I too am a Christmas bunny-I get random waves of excitement especially when I secured the perfect xmas eve onsie for my baby girl (she is 21)-too excited.
    Lovely photo by the way.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you post so much. Have great time with your mum!
    Have a nice evening!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! Miranda is hilarious! I'd love to be her neighbor :) Hope all goes well at your interview and that your cake is finally done!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time woth your mum, with your book and the series ... I saw "breaking bad" and "homeland" and I liked them ! Great both of them ! Hope your cake was soooo goooood !!!! Have a nice week end ! see you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant post, I can smell your cake here. Good luck with the job interview.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum - can I have some of your cake?!

    Hope your job interview went well! For what kind of jobs are you applying?!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm home made cake, delicious. I hope your interview went well and good luck with your job hunt. I am also thinking about Christmas .... I don't have much time off work (3 days) so with bank holiday public transport I don't think it's a good idea to travel far. A bit strange this year for me because it will be the first Christmas on my own. What I have done is requested annual leave for Christmas 2015 so I can spend Christmas in company next year. This year my sister has invited me up for Christmas Day and she lives within walking distance, so that will be nice.
    I am sock knitting at the moment, a total first for me but I am enjoying the process. I am also thinking about what to make as hand made Christmas gifts.
    A nice post Helen, have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your interview went well! I have got one tomorrow. I love this kind of post. Your photo is amazing, I want to got there. Now. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! i too get excited about Christmas and find myself hearing Christmas songs every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)