Tuesday 21 October 2014

Gifts for Mum




It's my Mum's birthday on Saturday so I am going to travel down for the day with her. My Dad and brother are at the football (typical!) but we will be quite content to meander somewhere nice for afternoon tea and lots of chatting. I used the other lot of wool I bought on honeymoon to make a scarf for her - I might make it into a cowl like mine if she says she would prefer it. She's quite sentimental (like me!) so I think she will like the fact I bought the wool on honeymoon, it's a lovely purpley-browny colour, the pictures almost do it justice!!


I also made her a mandala - she keeps admiring the ones I have made myself so I thought I'd surprise her! C was very relieved to learn that this wasn't for us....

Thanks for all the lovely well-wishes on my last post, blogger is so slow today I haven't responded to them individually but I will when I'm next on. I managed to get the job, which was very good news - it's just a bit of temping at the University of Leicester, but hopefully it will give me some good experience, and some motivation to finish that thesis! I start tomorrow so fingers crossed it all runs smoothly, I haven't had the 9-5 experience for three years now!!

Wishing you well whereever you may be,

Until next time :)

22 comments:

  1. Your scarf and the mandala are beautiful.
    Aurevoir, Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,

    First of all happy birthday to your mom! Your scarf and mandala are so darn pretty. Your mom will be excited....

    Have a lovely time with your mom.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Ruth great to have you back!! Hope you're well thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. The scarf colours are just right and very wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she'll love it !! enjoy that day with your mum !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geraldine! We had a lovely day :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely scarf and mandala.. I'm sure your mom will love it :) good luck on your new job. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen,
    Congratulations sweetie on your job and happy birthday to your mum.
    The scarf looks lovely, a very nice seasonal tone that will compliment many outfits.
    Enjoy being back at home even for just the day.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Helen! We had a wonderful time together and she put the scarf straight on :) x

      Delete
  7. Well done on the scarf and well done on the job. Very exciting. Have a wonderful time with your Mum.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the job!!! I hope that it goes really well and that you enjoy it too. I am sure that your Mum will love the scarf - or cowl if that is what it turns into! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) It stayed as a cowl in the end, she seemed very pleased! xx

      Delete
  9. Hm, I commented on this post yesterday but it seems it didn't work. Blogger can be weird sometimes...

    I am sure your mum will love her shawl! The colours are awesome and she will surely love where you bought the yarn. I like to buy yarn in different towns when I visit them. The thinks I make from them than hold special memories. :-)

    Take care
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Anne! She seems very pleased :) Loving the new facebook page and all the bloggy activity! x

      Delete
  10. dear helen,
    congratulations on the job!!! the shawl for your mum is wonderful.....i know she will love her shawl!
    have a nice week,
    love and hugs,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting me at emeraldcottage :)
    Happy Birthday to your Mum, I'm sure she will love the scarf, it's a really unusual yarn, looks great :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in! she seems rather happy with it, I found a similar yarn by Sirdar, can't remember what it was called but an aran weight :) x

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)