Monday 16 June 2014

Cs on Sunday

Yesterday the biggest C in my life was occupied on the golf course so I indulged in some blissful uninterrupted 'me-time'. I love lazy Sundays, they're something of a rarity at the moment so I seized the moment gladly with hands wide open.

I happily settled myself on the sofa with some of my old friends, including 'Bridget Jones' and 'When Harry met Sally' and Bella cat, one of the furry Cs in my life, looked optimistic...



Poor Bella cat, she was most perturbed when she was unceremoniously plonked on the floor in favour of some WIPs! I plodded on with the cowl I've had on the hook for far too long now. I'd started to find it a bit tedious to be honest, very slow and repetitive. So I don't know if my Ta Dah! moment was actually because it reached the length I was aiming for or because I just got a bit fed up...



nevertheless it is very snuggly and warm. I shall enjoy it in a few more months (although today is somewhat chilly so maybe I should use it right away!)

I also dug out my WIP that makes me feel ashamed. A few months ago I was blogging about cross stitching a gift for a baby due in the family... Well said Baby is now a month old and the cross stitch piece is still rather unfinished! I'd managed to go wrong twice the last time I had it out so I unpicked and restitched a bit and now intend to try and get it done this month... watch this space!


I've enforced a 'no wine whilst cross stitching' rule as I fear that a glass may have clouded my counting abilities!

My next C is more crochet.... coasters! I love picking up inspiration from blogland and when I read Deb's post here a week or so ago I promptly lined the coasters on my 'to do' list. I loved the colours she used and they looked so summery and pretty! I want to make some as a housewarming present for a friend, and some for my Dad for Father's Day (he is used to getting his presents a week or so late!). I love the fact the original pattern dates from 1893 :) see here.

I dug out some cotton, I wasn't too sure about the variegated stuff so am starting some in just a plain block colour as well...




And my final C was at the very end, made as a team when C returned, a Creamy Courgette Lasagne


The photo doesn't do it justice but I was so hungry I couldn't be bothered to take more! The recipe was from the wonderful Good Food website, here. It was absolutely scrummy.

So that was my Sunday, I hope you all had lovely weekends and have great weeks ahead :)


10 comments:

  1. Hi Helen
    I just thought I'd drop in and say Hi . Your cowl is so pretty , I love the little scalloped edge. I shall be to visit again soon,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thanks for popping over :) I love reading your blog and following your makes, especially those blankets!! x

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen, thanks for the follow :-)
    Your cowl is very pretty and I'm sure it will be equally snuggly.
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Tracey! Thanks for dropping in :) The cowl is very snuggly, too snuggly to wear even for a minute at the moment! x

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the idea of courgette lasagne!! I make a courgette risotto, but never thought of lasagne, you will be sending me off on a whole different tangent! Anyhow, WIPs!! I love the cowl, it looks very light, but cosy at the same time. The coasters are very pretty too! I hope that your Dad likes his present. I totally agree with you about the no wine while cross stitching, if I ever do anything that needs a needle I have to be fully concentrating on it! I don't suppose that the baby in question will know that the gift is a little later than you might have planned! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'd never even thought of it, and when the recipe said 'grate the courgette' I was a little bit weirded out, but it worked out deliciously! Good luck with your courgette tangent ;) Hehe wine seems to just about go with crochet, but definitely not cross stitching :S The baby doesn't know at least :) But the parents haven't had a present from us yet so my hands are stitch stitch stitching! hope all's well :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Helen, it looks like you have been so busy with crocheting lately and I love the cowl you made and the coasters and the cross stitch will be beautiful when finished. Have a wonderful week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Hope you're enjoyiing/enjoyed your holiday! sorry I commented on the wrong bit the other day I can't work google plus :S the vest was lovely though :) xx

      Delete
  5. Hi first time of visiting your blog. Aren't Lazy Sundays just the very best Sundays of all something a rarity in my house at the moment. We seem to have a constant stream of visitors of late. Love the little cross stitch I'm afraid you are not a lone on WIP's in the cross stitch dept. I blame the poor lighting in my cottage.

    Hope everyone likes their pressies once they are all finished.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mitzi thanks for visiting :) They really are the best, I know what you mean - we visit or are visited :) Cross stitch is so relaxing but just seems to take so long! I hope that you have a lovely weekend and maybe even a lazy Sunday...?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)