Friday 20 June 2014

A Camera Case out of Necessity...

Somehow I managed to lose my camera case on honeymoon, it must have just slipped off somewhere... We are off to the Peak District for a camping trip this weekend and when I remembered about the lost case I thought I'd have a go at making one. I found this one on Ravelry and thought it might be doable in a couple of nights. It uses moss stitch, which was a new one for me, and I love it! There is a great tutorial here which I used. My camera is a bit bigger than most so I chained 40 to start rather than 22 and did a few more rows. I was very pleased with the result :)





All ready to go camping :) I also packed up my Dad's coasters as we may see him, again modelled by our hamper (a wonderful wedding present!)



.... and now I must dash as the camper needs packing!! Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the camera case that you made and have fun camping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so annoying when you lose something like this isn't it. Your new case is lovely though and I hope that this one will stay safely with you. Hope that you have a great weekend and that your Dad likes his present! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is annoying! especially as camera has been living in a sock!! Oh well... :) Dad was really pleased with the coasters, thanks Amy :D xx

      Delete
  3. I love what you whipped up for your camera.... That little button you added looks lovely!! Happy camping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I loved the button when I saw it, from my local sewing shop :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thank you! and thanks for dropping in :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)