Saturday 7 April 2018

Seeking Solace

When your world is knocked it's a matter of taking things a day at a time. Or that's what reason dictates, whereas in reality your brain races all over the place, forwards, backwards, never staying still. As normality re-establishes itself you question it, look at it from every angle and scrutinise it in a way that you never did before. On the surface things seem ok, but just try not to scratch too deep for now.

A week by the sea is always food for the soul, no matter the weather. We've had a quiet week in Pembrokeshire, lots of walks, even some running - I've signed up for a half marathon in June so have given myself little choice but to run. I've decided to try and come back to blogging - I'm seeing a counsellor (for various reasons, probably not to be shared here) and she's recommended I try journalling. I've taken her advice, but sometimes a journal is too raw - I prefer the quiet and gentle focus on the nice things in life that I used to find in this online space.

So here I am again for now - still contemplating a name change though, I've not been particularly fond of woollybluebells for a while. I don't know if the community is still around like it was, I think a lot of people are on Instagram now (I've been lurking over there for a while now - 'whathelendid').






6 comments:

  1. Good to see you Helen, I have been missing your blog posts. You could use your Instagram name for your blog? I see your photos on Instagram but don't post myself, I can only handle one social media arm at the time and for now, I enjoy writing.

    The journey to wellbeing is sometimes quite a rocky one, I am wishing you the patience, kindness and acceptance you need for the path ahead. For me personally journalling is too raw, too unfiltered. I like the gentle filter of a public blog, focusing on what is good for me but without being overly syrupy. Take care of yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Christina. I think I may try the instagram name :) x

      Delete
  2. Helen, so glad to see your comment and then to pop on my blog roll and see your post. I am glad you are trying to get back to blogging, many have left but many of us are still here. Take your time and reemerge when you feel steady and ready. Glad you are getting some help my friend, that is always a great sign for the future.
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep on blogging, because when I started Instagram I got many problems, my account got hacked and I got a virus... Whereas I never had such problems with blogging or facebook. So I don't like Instagram.
    Moreover, blogging is also about writing and that is important too. And all the comments, it feels way different and warmer to my opinion.
    I hope it works with the counsellor, it has to be a good match, otherwise it won't really help you. I went to a psychologist once too, never talked about that on my blog, but after reading this, I feel that I should say that to you. And she also advised me to start a journal. It didn't work for me, I got only more sad. But everyone is different, so you should at least give it a try.
    I wish you all the best, take your time ( enough time, don't let the world say to you that you should be over it, whatever the problem is ).
    Take care, Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sigrid, I agree re the blogging v instagram. I'm getting there with the counselling, it's different way of doing things for me but I hope I will get there :) I hope you are ok

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)