Wednesday 8 February 2017

Checking In - February 2017






Making - Still trying to make progress with WIPs this year, mostly my happy scrappy wedding blanket (above)

Cooking - Lots of soup, Broccoli and Stilton is the agreed favourite thus far

Drinking - Red Bush Tea. I gave up caffeine recently and to be honest I really don't miss it now. I don't drink coffee anyway and I'm used to different teas now. I think I'm more awake paradoxically as a result!

Reading - 'A Game for All the Family' by Sophie Hannah - see here.

Wanting - A few more blue skies, the real sign Spring is on its way :)

Deciding - What to make next

Enjoying - Work, which is great. I really like what I do and enjoy my days in the office, I feel very lucky at the moment

Loving - Bright yellow daffodils on our table

Wondering - Whether things will actually grow in our allotment! Potatoes chitting now, and some seeds sown in the greenhouse.

Considering - What TV series to watch next, C and I are in need of another one. We like Crime and Detective Dramas if anyone has any suggestions...

Buying - Jeggings. I have finally found some smart enough for work courtesy of Marks and Spencers. Elasticated waistbands and I'm over the moon

Disliking - The difficulties of the NHS which are not making the news at all in all the Brexit/Trump mania.

Watching - The Good Wife. Binge-watching if I'm honest. C doesn't like it so it's my guilty pleasure.

Wearing - Jeggings mentioned above. And lots of crochet scarves as it's cold again.

Admiring - Senator Warren

Thinking - About getting a second piercing in my ears. Really putting way too much thought into this, but I can't decide!

Eating - Doughnuts - really not healthy at all but seem to be craving them!

Getting - Ready for Spring!

Feeling - OK.




7 comments:

  1. Love your wedding blanket, the colours are fab!
    We've watched The Good Wife too, Eli is brilliant, isnt he?!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like life is good Helen! Love your blanket. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read, this post of yours :-)
    Love jeggings too actually!
    And yes, can't wait for spring either.
    Your happy scrappy blanket looks so nice, good luck on finishing it soon!
    Have a nice weekend, Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your February looks and sounds great, so far. I'm loving daffodils too and wishing for more sunshine and blue skies. My husband and I like 'Inspector Montalbano'. We've followed the series on BBC Four and I've also read the books they're based from.
    Great to hear you're enjoying your job. Have a lovely week! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lists! Good to know you love your work. The crocheted blanket is coming along well. Hope spring comes to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helloooo Helen, my first foray over to your blog, I have an allotment too so I will be checking in to see those spuds. I like the list format too, I might have to pinch that idea when I have run out of ideas. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the colours in your blanket, it looks fab. Hx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)