Sunday 12 April 2015

Checking In: April






Making : I've returned to some old unfinished cross-stitch WIPs in the hope of transforming them into finished objects before the end of the decade... watch this space :) I've also returned to my granny square gilet, maybe it will be finished by next winter!

Cooking : Nothing, but having yummy enchiladas cooked for me by my wonderful hubby.


Drinking : Options hot chocolate


Reading: The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles. Absolutely amazing and very different to what I was expecting.


Wanting: To find my dream job. I don't know what it is mind, but finding it would be rather nice.


Looking: forward to some free time :)


Deciding: Which words in my monstrously long thesis need to be cut so that I don't send my examiners to sleep.


Enjoying: The beautiful blossoms of Spring.


Wondering: When the first BBQ will be.


Loving: The fact Lent is over and I can reward myself with chocolate again.


Pondering: Where should we live? Do we stay or do we go? How far? This country? 


Buying: Still nothing. Maybe a wowcher holiday when payday comes :)


Watching: The Masters. Not through choice.


Hoping: It gets sunnier again after some torrential downpours today. 


Marvelling: At all the lambs in the fields! They appeared so quickly, almost like magic! (I'm sure the Mama sheep wouldn't agree with me there!)


Needing: A good night's sleep, I'm still struggling in the good quality sleep department.


Wearing: My SPRING clothes, it's nearly time for the big winter-summer wardrobe switch :)


Knowing: Freedom is not so very far away now.


Thinking: About post-war East and West German literary and filmic representations of Wehrmacht soldiers. Again, not really through choice any more.


Sorting: out the study - the house needs quite a spring clean.


Getting: Excited about out trip to Wales in May. 


Coveting: Some time to use up all of the wool that is really irritating hubby at the moment... we may have reached the limit (!)


Opening: A big can of worms by mentioning the wool.


Feeling: At peace. Amazingly.


Hearing: A cat purr. From my lap and blocking easy access to my laptop but she's happy so I'm being accommodating!

11 comments:

  1. April seems to be going well for you so far. Good luck with your thesis, I hope the end is in sight now and you'll soon have your freedom. I'm also sitting here sort of watching the Masters, and also not my choice. At least I think this is the last day, so normal tv viewing will (hopefully) resume tomorrow. Have a great week ahead! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your thesis .... soon the end ?? Well, spring is in your mind .... for me too !!!!! Have a lovely day ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blossom tree. That crochet gilet reminds me of one someone made me many decades ago when I was too young to fully appreciate it. Maybe I should make another one....if my cat lets me. I have the sit on lap and purr type of cat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring seems to have brought lots of energy and positive thoughts for all of us - and that's the way it should be! Glad to read you're happy and at peace, wish you to stay so for a long long time ahead! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy post, April seems a wonderful month for you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That magnolia is magnificent! The Masters was on TV here too. Not my choice either! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds so lovely by you!!! I hope you do find that dream job! And like you I had to watch the Masters not by choice as well! Wishing you a creative week! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The magnolia is such a beauty! There was a huge tree near my studenthouse (years back ...) and I loved just standing there and watch it!

    Fingers crossed you find lots of words to get rid of!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the thesis. The magnolia blossom is gorgeous. I liked reading your list. I think most married couples have issues with yarn overload!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad things are going well for you and that the end is in sight. The magnolias are wonderful at the moment, aren't they? It's a good thing that you're finding some time to be creative too :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Wanting: To find my dream job. I don't know what it is mind, but finding it would be rather nice."
    Here here!

    New reader. Hoping your week since has been well! Best of luck, strength and fortitude with your thesis - been there, and survived! (somehow!)

    Bernadette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)