Sunday 8 March 2015

Moments


Moments of Spring



Washing flying in the breeze under a bright blue sky, I'm a wimp and don't hang it out in the winter as I don't like standing in the cold and it always seems wet when you bring it in. Winter for us always involves soggy washing draped in random places over the house - we don't own a tumble drier!

Croci on campus, I went for a walk around in the middle of my study day and saw these sprouting behind the library, little drops of colour against the grey concrete eye-sore that is our main arts and humanities library...


Moments at Home



Bella cat watching hopefully from the sofa arm - is it dinner time yet says her calm constant stare. She has been on a very unwelcome diet recently, hard to enforce with two cats but she is starting to get a bit more streamline. We are very cruel cat servants owners.

Daffs in my lovely Orla Kiely vase C gave me for Christmas. I love the contrast of the yellow and white


Moments of Crafty Naughtiness



A new project and new yarn...and worse of all the new project doesn't involve the new yarn! What a rebel... I'm not very popular with hubbie but it makes me happy ;) 


Moments of Nostalgia


On my break from the library I walked to the area of campus we call The Downs, a lovely green open area. The building at the bottom is Lincoln Hall, and that is where my parents deposited me with my suitcase ten years ago as a fresh-faced 18 year old ready for the adventures of university. If you had told me then I'd still be studying 10 years later I would have laughed! I have had a few years out, it hasn't been constant, that's enough to drive anyone a bit bonkers.... It's a truly beautiful campus in all four seasons, I've been very lucky :)

22 comments:

  1. I'm liking the look of the new project. And the new yarn :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill :) all will be revealed :) xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics, and Bella is so so cute! : ) I'm curious to see what this new project is... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valentina! She is when she wants something ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Nice moments you've had ... give some cuddles to your lovely kitty ! Have a creative week ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always buying yarn and then using something else...still, how else would one build a stash? :-) Looking forward to see what you are working on! Your puddy-tat is very cute, cats are so disdainful aren't they. My own cat was a real snob when she was alive, but we loved her attitude, if ever there was an animal giving you the v's on a frequent basis it was her! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's an excellent question, I think you definitely have a point! Cats are so disdainful, Bella definitely gives us mental Vs, especially when she's on a very unwelcome enforced diet!! X

      Delete
  5. Wonderful moments of spring!! Especially hanging the laundry out to dry, that really is great isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I love hanging the washing out - it's my favourite household chore :) xx

      Delete
  6. Spring is certainly peeking out with these beautiful photos.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed she's just around the corner :) xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely spring moments both at home and outdoors.. We don't own a tumble drier either. I wish we do, it will make washing and drying so much easier especially in winter : ) I love seeing all the croci in bloom too. Just like daffs, they're cheerful and lovely and tells us that spring is here. Looking forward to seeing more of your new project. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion! It would definitely make life easier, although I find I'm getting creative with 'draping' :s Hooray for spring!

      Delete
  8. I love pegging out washing! It smells so good when you bring it inside too. Beautiful puss, I hope she forgives you for putting her on a diet! Your green crochet circle is a similar green to the one in my new blanket I've just started, a lovely springy green! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does smell amazing! and sheets off the line are such a treat. I love fresh sheets :) hehe I think we're in Bella's bad books for a while, we'll just have to give her extra cuddles :) xx

      Delete
  9. You can't beat the smell of washing that has enjoyed the outside warm breeze ...........

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan thanks for popping by :) You really can't - and I love the process of putting it out and getting it in too :)

      Delete
  10. Hang in there. Warm weather is coming. Have fun with your new project and new yarn.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in :) hehe yes fingers crossed not long now! xx

      Delete
  11. The croci on your campus looks so lovely welcoming the spring. Can't wait to see what your new project is.. Have a lovely day! cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I know that cat stare! We had to put the cat from Michelle's parents on a diet some years ago. She wasn't happy. AT ALL. Hungry all the time. :P

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)