Sunday 15 March 2015

Checking In: March







Making : Mostly Bonnie's blanket and some of my hexies



Cooking : Risotto. Hubbie is away and it's my favourite so I've had it the last two nights

Drinking : Wine. Not all day (!) but a nice cold glass of white to accompany my evening Call the  Midwife and crochet sessions (my Friday and Saturday nights are really rock and roll at the moment :))

Reading: Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty - very gripping!

Wanting: To go away. We're thinking about going to Munich in May, and then I've just found out there's a hen do in Madrid in July, so not long before I can explore the world a bit more.

Looking: At a blank screen and trying to come up with a conclusion.

Deciding: Whether to take some more work and delay submitting my thesis (again!) or leave the work and power on to submission.

Wishing: It would get a little bit warmer.

Enjoying: The longer days.

Wondering: What happens next.

Loving: The fact that we have lots of flowers in the house at the moment, always guaranteed to cheer me up :)

Pondering: What to do for my birthday (it's not until May but I want something to look forward to!) trip to Norfolk in Bonnie, or week in Pembrokeshire....

Considering: Starting a new granny square project with the yarn I got in Berlin last year and is now just sitting around...

Buying: Nothing, still being good on that front.

Watching: We've started watching Episodes - it's different to what I thought, but still enjoying it!

Cringing: At all the Jeremy Clarkson fuss - I really don't like the man at all!

Needing: A bit of a break

Smelling: Bran loaf, baking away in the oven, I love the smell of cake!

Wearing: A big baggy uni hoody because it's comfy and I'm being a hermit today.

Noticing: All the croci everywhere, I love that purple colour.

Knowing: All about the East German navy - not sure how it will help me in the future, but it's helping me edit a chapter of the future!

Thinking: About my Mum and Nana on Mother's Day.

Admiring: These coasters, they're stunning!

Sorting: Out the house a bit, we need a bit of reorganising at the moment, we both have far too much stuff!

Getting: Restless and a bit frustrated with just how long I'm actually taking to finish my PhD. 

Bookmarking: This orange and almond cake from Marion at My Two Girls, I've wanted to make it since I saw it, maybe this week! it looks so scrummy and I love all things orange.

Coveting: I really really want a big bar of chocolate - I've given it up for Lent and am craving it at the moment

Giggling: At this dog, I really really want a dog, I'm hoping once the thesis is in and we've settled down we can get one :)

Feeling: A bit of a mix this month, it's been a strange old year so far.

Snacking: Cherry cake... mmmmmmm....

Comforting: Myself. With cherry cake. It works!!

Hearing: Classic FM, my Sunday soundtrack

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect Sunday to me! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're enjoying yourself from what I read! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmhhh, Risotto! I am a huge fan of Risotto! What kind did you make?

    Fingers crossed you will win over the phd thesis soon!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made broccoli, butter bean, pepper and pesto risotto, it's my favourite :) Thanks Anne, it's a never ending process so far but hopefully soon....

      Delete
  4. Crochet, wine, 'Call the Midwife', cake--sounds like a great weekend to me!
    Hope you enjoy making - and eating- the orange&almond cake. Have a lovely week! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion, I still haven't managed it but hopefully next Sunday it looks so delicious! X

      Delete
  5. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)