Saturday 24 January 2015

A Finished Object!

My life has become fairly one dimensional at the moment, thesis thesis, and oh yes thesis. Not complaining, it's all self inflicted ;) I had no idea it was going to take this long! I don't know if that's common or whether I'm just a little naive... probably the latter but I'll keep battling on!

So I'm fairly dull at the moment, no pictures to share, no anecdotes to impart, no new places to describe. Still, there is light at the end of the tunnel and I have so much to look forward to.

For now, here's a picture of my first completed make this year, it's a granny stripe cowl using the pattern from last month's Simply Crochet. I ran out of wool so it's a little shorter than I'd have hoped but it is still warm and cosy. It's actually part of a Christmas present for an amazing friend of mine, late I know but we have been known to exchange presents in July so it's not too late yet!



Until Next Time,

Helen

12 comments:

  1. Cute cowl, I love grannies!
    Wish you a nice weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never Helen, it has turned out to be a cosy warm cowl and I'm sure your friend will be glad to receive your beautiful hand made gift.
    Have a great weekend and good luck with your thesis, keep at it best you can and reward yourself with regular thesis breaks to keep you fresh and alert xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blues... So wintery. Your friend will love it. The reward for completing your thesis will be so much greater than the stress you are under now... I am sure you already know that ... we are all cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cowl is beautiful. Good luck with the thesis.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of granny stripes and I think your cowl is just lovely. Love the colours too.
    Best of luck with the thesis. And thank you for stopping by my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cowl is lovely, I am sure that your friend will really like it! I hope that the theorising doesn't have to go on too much longer for you. It will be worth it when it is all done and you can have letters before and after your name!! How great will that be! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your thesis Helen! Your life get back the other dimensions very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful cowl. Thesis... ah, that, my fiance is at it too..:) I get what you're saying. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cowl! I like the blue colours a lot. And I know what it means to write a thesis. It is quite some time ago that I wrote mine but I know how you feel. The feeling that you are not allowed to do anything else, always a bad conscience that you haven't reached your daily goal ,,,But one day you've made it and life will change again. Keep on going! Viola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I can only imagine the pressure you're under, preparing your thesis. I'm glad you have crocheting to give you a little stress free break from all the work. The cowl is beautiful - lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear helen,
    the cowl is fantastic. love the blue colour.
    wish you luck with the thesis!!
    have a wonderful rest-week,
    hugs and love,regina

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're not the only one, I just have one of my best friends her Christmas present today lol. Good luck with the thesis, anyone I know who's done a PhD has found it goes on and on ..... and I know a few people who gave up at the writing up stage, which I always think is such a shame, though I do sympathise, right after my last final at Uni I swire I'd never do another exam or write another essay ever again.
    Good luck! You can do it!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)