Sunday 7 September 2014

Happy Snaps: Berlin

So we landed last night and this morning we were up nice and early as C is flying to the States for work! After the early morning start I didn't go back to bed but enjoyed the peace of a Sunday morning, it was really rather beautiful. I've already collected two whiney cats from the cattery, done a shop and some washing, and now I'm sat down with a cup of tea.

We had a lovely day in Berlin yesterday, in the end we were just peaceful and drifted around, sitting by the river for quite some time.












Of course I managed to get back to two of my favourite yarn shops :) The one pictured is  my absolute favourite, loops Maschenpower. They have such beautiful yarn, next time I visit I'm going to make sure I have a project in mind so I can indulge. I bought the three balls of 'Pico' pictured above, 100% cotton for just €1.50! The other cotton came from here, which is more of a sewing shop to be honest but has some good woolly bargains :) I hate to mention the Chr word, but these are earmarked for a few presents - I think I need to get a move on! At least while C is away I can start on his stuff ;)

Happy Sunday, I hope it's as sunny whereever you are as it looks to be here :)

14 comments:

  1. hello helen,
    beautiful photos from a sunny berlin. The wool shop is a dream ,the wool too.Here it's also sunny.
    Enjoy the last sunny day,
    love and hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina! I'm so glad summer hasn't quite gone yet :) Have a lovely week xx

      Delete
  2. Any day that involves waling into a yarn store is a great day to me. Your pictures of Berlin are beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith :) Agreed, walking into a yarn store would brighten any day! xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures! It has been some time since I last have been in Berlin - perhaps I need to have another look around!

    The yarn shop looks stunning... I reckon I totally have to come and visit this shop!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Anne! you should definitely have another explore of Berlin ;) there are so many other wool shops I've not quite made it to but been dying to visit too!

      Delete
  4. Bonjour Helen
    Beautiful pics! I don't know why, see yarn shop is alway a real pleasure. Is it the same thing for you?
    Have a nice week
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie :) yes, a yarn shop is one of the greatest pleasures for me :D I think it's all the colours and potential projects hanging around in there! Have a lovely week yourself :) xx

      Delete
  5. We used to have a cat and he was always very vocal when we picked him up from the cattery after we'd been away, telling us off for leaving him, no doubt. Your photos are lovely, and that yarn shop looks wonderful, I think I could spend a good few hours in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I think they have forgiven me now, but I've had a cat shaped shadow pretty much constantly since we got back. One seems to think that she is going away again so has taken to hiding out somewhere :S

      Delete
  6. Ooh Helen - that wool shop looks amazing !
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe it was! I wish i'd been more organised and thought up some projects..... x

      Delete
  7. What gorgeous pictures! I love the little patios with all the flowers. So pretty! and don't even get me started on that yarn shop! Looks like a lovely trip. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie :) It was so lovely, I want to move the yarn shop to Lincolnshire!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)