Sunday 14 September 2014

Cosy Toes and Back to Normality?





Normality approaching :) Hubby's home, I made some cosy slippers, all is well!
I found the really simple pattern here. The colour is more like the top photo: I don't know what happened with the second! They took me rather longer than an hour (about two evenings in total) but they were simple and relaxing to make.
The only problem....

They're too big!! I made one and was too stubborn to unravel it when I realised my mistake. I used Sirdar Super Soft Aran (lovely yarn by the way) and a 6 mm hook. If I make them again I would use a 5mm hook, and reduce length. I might try and fashion some straps, I might find a friend with slightly bigger feet... I'm just getting over the disappointment at the moment ;)


Hubby had a good trip to the US, he came back clutching a Disney bag much to my astonishment (I am a huge Disney fan and he is.... not so much) and inside was Yoda! (the bag then made sense :)) We are currently watching all the Star Wars films, I've never seen them before. We have just watched Episode 5 so I finally saw Yoda in action. I have a bit of a soft-toy collection going now (should I grow out of that?!) so Yoda has some company already.



We had a scrummy lunch yesterday to celebrate being back together, my favourite type of lunch - lots of cheese! and my homemade soup and some homemade bread. Happy days!




I have got my camper blanket out again - 5 rows and counting! I'm going to try and keep the momentum up. There are a ton of ends to sew in, but I'm going to save those for a rainy day and just focus on getting the blanket together!

Tonight we are having a BBQ with our lovely neighbours, the last one of the year I fear. I hope everyone has had a wonderful relaxing weekend, here's to a bit of normality :)

11 comments:

  1. LIke very much your snippers ! The colors of the blanket are very nice ! Have a nice sunday ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geraldine! Have a lovely week :) xx

      Delete
  2. Run a ribbon along the edge of your slippers and tie a bow making them a little tighter. Love the blanket, and you are never too old for a stuffed friend, especially Yoda.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much - that's a genius suggestion, I can't wait to buy some lovely ribbon at market on Friday now :) xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Mine was nice too, but sooo many appointments! I could use another weekend now ;-)

    The blanket will look stunning when it's done! Can't wait!!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I know that feeling! Hope you're feeling rested now :)

      Delete
  4. Bonjour!
    When I made slippers, I did the same as Mereknits. Use a ribbon!
    Have a nice week!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! I am going to try that asap it's a great suggestion!! xx

      Delete
  5. The slippers are wonderful and the ribbon is a perfect solution. Your camper blanket looks great. reminds me of being at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your slippers Helen! Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the colors of your blanket! They remind me of the sea and the beach! I'm toying with the idea of buying the Lucy pack for the seaside ripple blanket! Blue is my all time favourite color and I love her ripple blanket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)