Tuesday 9 September 2014

For a Coffee Drinker with Love







I don't drink coffee. It's a fact that still continues to surprise many people, I just don't like it. Believe me I've tried - I'd love to experience the 'pick me up', and I think when travelling abroad it would be so much better (I'm a bit of an English tea snob) but I quite simply don't like the taste.

The man in my life however is a mahoosive coffee drinker. He loves it! And he's been asking for a cafetiere cosy for quite some time now. As he's been kind enough to fly off to America this week I've finally got around to making him one, it'll be part of his birthday present for October.

I based the pattern on the lovely cosy in Nicki Trench's book 'Cute and Easy Crochet' but as that was for a 4 person cafetiere (C's is for one, as there is no one to drink it with him!!) I had to adjust a little bit. I chained 50 and that seemed about right and then half double crocheted away from there. It's slightly too big, but I've tried to move the buttons to make it fit slightly better. Also as C's cafetiere has a ridge at the bottom I had to do two button flaps rather than one as on Nicki's. I realised this at the end so it is a bit fudged but hey ho!

The last picture shows the cosy alongside our wonderful tea cosy which one of our wonderful bridesmaids made us for a wedding present. I didn't realise it was handmade until she told me!! oh to be able to sew..... next skill to learn?!


15 comments:

  1. So cute! Here, in Canada, it's 7 am, I need a good coffee...
    Have a nice day! À bientôt!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Lucie! That's exactly the situation where I wish I drank coffee ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely! �� I am sure your husband will be happily surprise!

    I did not drink coffee until my second year of uni... did not like it at first, but got used to it.

    Take care Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I've tried it a fair few times now... maybe I will have to have another go :)

      Delete
  3. I am not a coffee drinker either, but I love the smell of it. Any man who asks for a crochet coffee pot cozy is a keeper.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! I like the smell too :) He's asked for a crochet beanie now so definitely a keeper ;)

      Delete
  4. It's lovely! I love coffee though my hubby doesn't drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coffee cozy looks wonderful! I'm not a coffee drinker either :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great and I have that book too, I would really like to make one. I didn't see the point of these until we were camping recently and I took the cafetiere and the coffee cooled down really quickly in the fresh air, and then I got the point! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Gillian! Hehe yes I can imagine they're great for camping :) Another great crochet accessory :D x

      Delete
  7. NIce cozy ! I need to make one too for the camping. I have the same book so just take the time to make it ! Yours is beautiful, bright colors ! Have a nice sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Geraldine! It's a lovely book isn't it :) I hope you find some time too make one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)