Friday 22 August 2014

A Daisy Interlude

Thank you for the shawl pattern suggestions, there were some lovely ones and I have added several to my 'to crochet' list. I've ended up going with something very simple due to time constrictions, will share some photos before too long.

I've got some peace and quiet at the moment, C is in Reading for his best friend's stag do until Tuesday so I am ploughing away with my thesis. I'm off on the hen-do tomorrow, one night in a spa, which I am very much looking forward to!! I then have a couple of days after to attack mundane tasks such as cleaning and tidying - with all our coming and going we're a bit pillar to post at the moment.

I went to see my Nana again on Wednesday night, she was 93 yesterday. Such an amazing woman, I hope I have inherited her strength and gumption. I stayed most of yesterday and then had a bit of a long drive back so collapsed promptly on the sofa with a bottle large glass of wine. I fancied doing some crochet but nothing too strenuous so dug out my copy of the wonderful Mollie Makes: Crochet which I haven't touched yet since it arrived in May. I made the pretty folk daisy which came as a free kit and was really pleased with the result!



It was so nice to do something mindless :) No idea what to do with it though, any suggestions?!

I already have my next project earmarked, it's something I've seen a fair few times in blogland already and always wanted to attempt...


When I was at Nana's I saw some of my Great Grandmother's crochet - she used to make lots of doilies and she taught my mum to crochet when she was small. Nana still has a few bits around the house...


It's so fine, I'm not sure I'd manage with that sized thread!!

Anywho: wishing you all a wonderful weekend, will be back soon with something more substantial ;)

10 comments:

  1. hi helen,
    i have that book too and i love it.the little flower looks very pretty. your grandmas doilies are so pretty.
    wish you a wonderful weekend,too
    hugs and love regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book :) have a lovely week Regina! I've made even more of your cake :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Your flower is lovely, you could make some in autumn chrysanthemum colours and make a garland with them perhaps? Or get really organised and have a string of daisies ready for next summer!! Happy Birthday to your Grandma! I hope that you and C have a great weekend at your respective parties. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I love that idea! i'm going to dig into my embroidery threads and see what I can pull out! xx

      Delete
  3. That white doily is amazing. I agree though, I couldn't work with such fine thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She must have had a permanent headache :S

      Delete
  4. I like the daisy! I would make more of them and turn them into a summer garland. Well, for next year! ;-) how's the weather in England? As cold and rainy as it is here in Austria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the garland idea :) hehe the weather is cold cold cold and wet wet wet bah!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love that Mollie makes Crochet book! Got my own copy. So many nice projects inside!
    Looking forward to seeing your new creations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Martha! I may be slightly addicted to the book now :S

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)