Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wednesday WIPs - Projects I technically shouldn't really be doing

I've been following the Link Parties for the WIP Wednesdays for a while now, and really enjoy reading new blogs and getting inspiration from the lovely projects. I've plucked up the courage to link up for the first time with this post :)

With a wedding to prepare and a thesis to write I've tried to be really 'good' and stick to wedding crochet for the month of May, but, well, that didn't end up happening :)

I have two 'naughty' WIPs that I'm currently sneakily crocheting away (and enjoying), firstly another cowl project. I love my Spring Cowl (see here) and have worn it constantly, so I wanted to create something similar again. I'm using a simple version of the fan stitch and a nice cream yarn. It's a lot slower to crochet than the original cowl but I'm pleased with how it's shaping up.



I think it's going to be another wardrobe staple - again using up wool I ordered for another project that wasn't quite right! I love a bit of stash busting :)

My other WIP I featured here in my last post, a granny blanket that started as a distraction and is now becoming an obsession. I constantly think about colour combos! I am still undecided as to whether to make it big enough for 2 to snuggle under or make it big enough for just one. I'm going to get to 10 squares and then decide I think.


Definitely the most fun I've had crocheting thus far...

Anywho: I'm going to check out all of the other WIPs and pray I don't get so inspired I start another naughty project!

Linking up to Tami's Amis

Helen xx

10 comments:

  1. Love your granny squares. I made a granny square blanket using 5 round squares and had it 10 x 8 squares. It's big enough for two people to snuggle under together but not so massive that a single person is swamped by it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks for the tip - that sounds perfect! I will give those dimensions a go :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we need those naughty/selfish projects to give ourselves a mental break from other projects. Both are looking really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :) Definitely agree with the need for a break! Thanks for popping by :)

      Delete
  3. So lovely to see your naughty WIP's! You do have a lot on your plate right now, so it is understandable that you need a break to do something fun sometimes! Thinking about colour combos and crocheting is definitely a good way to relax I think!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) Definitely a lovely way to relax, hope you're well! xx

      Delete
  4. Those granny squares are so fun and colorful. They will make a great blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :) I love watching them grow! Thanks for your visit :)

      Delete
  5. A bit of sneaky crochet, a very diplomatic way of putting it Helen. The new cowl is certainly shaping up nicely and well Granny Squares, I just love them and as you have now discovered, they're very addictive once you start. I like the colour combinations you have with yours. Good luck with your wedding crochet too and thanks for all your visits to my blog :-)

    linda-dawn-designs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Linda! sneaky crochet is definitely keeping me sane :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)