Monday 5 May 2014

Bank Holiday with Bonnie

C has been working very hard this bank holiday on Bonnie, our camper. I am hopefully arriving at the wedding in her, and she's still in the middle of an internal makeover, so he took the chance of bank holiday to progress even further. Her seats now have covers!


Our wonderful friend Noelle made the box cushion covers with me (she is an amazing sewer and masterminded the whole operation, I did some cutting and handed her pins!) We've had them a few weeks but C has only just put the bed in, so we put the covers on today and got them into place. We are so pleased with the fabric!

Izzy supervised C, making sure he was doing it right, and was sure to inspect his work. Once she was happy all was under control she had a nap in the drivers' seat...



Bonnie is nearly ready now! We just need to get the floor down and I think we're good to go! All other wedding preparations are firmly in hand, so feeling marginally in control for once!

I was very naughty this weekend and started a new crochet project, it's one I've been eyeing up for a while - I knew I'd need something to use up wool remaining from the wedding you see.... (methinks the lady dost protest too much) and well I got a bit bored of hearts you see.... and welll....


My first granny squares! I wanted to try out the join as you go method, and needed to have granny squares to do so... so many excuses :) I love the colours and think this will end up being a blanket just for me, when I'm snuggled up this Autumn. So that's two blanket WIPs... oops!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,

    Your granny squares are beautifully done... Great job! Isn't granny squares so fun to make? I find them fun and easy and quick :)

    Have a great week!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was amazed at how beautifully simple granny squares were - and how exciting choosing the colours is! This is now my favourite WIP by far ;) Hope you're having a lovely week!

      Delete
  2. Bonnie is looking lovely! I hope that you can have your dream to arrive at your wedding in Bonnie Style, that would be such great fun - and lots of room for your dress too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Amy! Yes the dress will definitely fit in - my Mum is being paranoid about oil etc though so Bonnie will be scrubbed thoroughly! She's getting there now though, so fingers crossed for two weeks :D xx

      Delete
  3. I love making granny squares...they are quite addictive!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. dangerously addictive! So versatile as well :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)