Sunday 8 January 2017

Hello 2017


Hello 2017 - I was very glad to see you. Whilst 2016 was a fantastic year overall the last few months got a bit much. Very excited for a new year, new adventures - the first of which is an allotment! We confirmed the plot today - it's very overgrown currently, but C is very determined and I tend to muck in as needed so I think between us we will manage. I'm very much looking forward to time outside and harvesting our own veggies (hopefully!).



Christmas was lovely. We had a proper tree for the first time in a few years and it was wonderful to see in our 'new' home (nearly a year in Jan!). We travelled around and saw family and friends which was great. We had a quiet new year, just the two of us, which seemed right for this year. We went for a curry (one of the best things about where we live is the proximity to amazing Indian food) and then came home and played some games. Izzy was not particularly helpful.


Having spent most of my crafting time on Christmas and baby related makes (pics to follow) I've taken a step back and dug out some old WIPs, including my old hexie blanket from 2015 - see here.


I've also decided to try and walk more this year - we have some lovely countryside on our doorstep. Here is my favourite picture from 2017 so far, taken on a lovely winter's afternoon stroll.


I hope you are well, and 2017 is all you want it to be

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I hope you have lots of fun with your new allotment. You should have time to clear it and sew some seeds before spring, I hope, although I don't really know anything about gardening. My allotment fantasies are mainly concerned with sunshine, deckchairs and coffee! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy new year Helen! So many wonderful moments last year. May this year be more fantastic than before. Have a blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Helen! Your photos are beautiful and Izzy reminds me of a black cat I had once. I have had cats all my life, I love them! Thank you so much for sharing and I hope that 2017 is a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You holidays sound wonderful Helen. Hope you have a terrific 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great plans Helen, I'm feeling good about this year too. I hope you have a wonderful 2017. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An allotment, how exiting! I am a bit like Gillian in the comment above, a deckchair gardener but I love to read about other people's gardening adventures. I look forward to reading about yours. Have a terrific year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, good to hear from you. Hope you enjoy your allotment and have a great 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting an allotment! Lots of mucking in ahead for both of you but it will be all worth it. When my father-in-law fist got his allotment it was wild, really overgrown. It took awhile before he was able to start planting anything but he's had some really good harvests over the years from raspberries to courgettes. So good luck! And happy New Year!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)