Wednesday 7 September 2016

Baby Blanket Number 2

C's brother and his wife welcomed another daughter into the world last month, little niece is now a proud big sister. Unlike my failed attempts to make little niece something I was determined I'd manage a little handmade gift for littlest niece, and I decided on a crochet blanket.


They knew they were having a girl, but I wanted to try and make something reasonably 'gender neutral', something just bright and happy.


A big granny square always fits that remit I think :)


A simple half double crochet border has become my favourite blanket border. I should probably get a bit more adventurous at some point but I really like to keep it simple.


Ta Dah!

7 comments:

  1. You are so talented! The blanket is beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I'm sure your littlest niece will treasure it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello helen,
    the blanket is beautiful.lovely colour. ich denke deine kleine nichte wird es lieben.
    have a nice september day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple things are the best: I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww it's very sweet, loving the colours
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely blanket, perfect for a cherished baby. Simple is often best. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket is a lovely present.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)