Monday 13 June 2016

My First Baby Blanket

The first of our friends to travel the path to parenthood happily announced the birth of their son a couple of weeks ago. Now these friends live in Australia, so we wanted to send out a few gifts to greet the new baby, and I actually managed to make a crochet blanket! Said blanket was finally posted last week so is hopefully not too far away from its recipient.


The yarn was all cygnet chunky, which I hope will wash well and be nice and warm for the Australian 'winter' (I've been assured that without central heating it can actually get a bit chilly!)


I used Bunny Mummy's 'Sunburst Square' pattern, which I would highly recommend, it can be found here. It didn't take me too long to make and I loved selecting the colours - they didn't find out the sex and I chose gender neutral colours, which to be honest I think I would have done anyway.


So with husband's brother and wife expecting another baby I've decided I shall venture back to baby crochet. Just don't mention that cross stitch picture I still haven't finished for the baby's two year old sister!!!

8 comments:

  1. Gender neutral is good. I like the colours you have chosen for the baby blanket, very relaxing and stylish, too. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely they are great colours. Hope it arrives in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket looks lovley! I'm sure your friend's little boy will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely gift to make, love the colour combination you picked x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! I am sure that both parents and baby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely gift for the new baby and parents.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crocheting for babies is always lovely to do, it's a gorgeous blanket and I'm sure the new baby will love cuddling up with it. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful baby blanket. I admire your persistence - it's a huge job...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)