Thursday 2 June 2016

A Bank Holiday on the Beach - A Return to Pembrokeshire

Last weekend we headed down to beautiful Pembrokeshire to spend the Bank Holiday in, much to our astonishment, glorious sunshine. We stayed in my parents' static caravan, with my parents for the first time in a few years and had the most perfect few days. As regular readers know we are often in this part of the world and faced with glorious sunshine we just pottered around our usual haunts. Dad and C played some golf, Mum and I went to our usual spots and a wonderful time was had by all this. 

We bathed in sunshine in wonderful Amroth




Mum and I wandered around the coastline in Wiseman's Bridge, a little hamlet round the coast in Amroth




and admired the beautiful habour in Saundersfoot, a small coastal town




Of course we returned to Tenby





found my crafting mojo again, I often do in South Wales. I made my parents a cushion for the caravan last year, a simple granny square affair. Mum got some more wool from the little craft shop I always visit in Saundersfoot and I started work on the next. Here's the one I made last year




Wishing you all a happy June!

3 comments:

  1. lucky you. I love Tenby too but haven't been for a long time. Lovely pics and I like your crocheted cushion. I crochet or knit every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy June to you. It sounds like you had a lovely break x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your cushions - the colours work really well. Your photos of Pembrokeshire are gorgeous. We've been talking about going there this summer. Glad you had a lovely time.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)