Friday 18 September 2015

Five on Friday - Pembrokeshire Snaps

Back again to join up with Amy for Five on Friday. Last week we were back in wonderful Pembrokeshire, relaxing after the trauma of thesis submission (!) We had a few lovely days with C's family, we all stayed in the most beautiful cottage in Tenby and did some of the activities they all used to do on holiday - like my family they also spent their family holidays in Pembrokeshire when C and his brothers were younger. It's a small world! When they left C and I headed for my parents' static caravan and had a bit longer with the beautiful coastline. We were rather spoiled with the weather surprisingly!

This week I want to share 5 snapshots of the week, which once again include some of my favourite Pembrokeshire places :)

1.  This building is the old Lifeboat Station in Tenby - it's an iconic part of the Tenby landscape. It was decommissioned from service a couple of years ago when a new station was built slightly further around the coast. You may recognise it from Grand Designs - it is now a residential building. I can't imagine many houses have as amazing views as this one!



2. We did a little bit of walking along parts of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path. This is the descent down to Barafundle beach. The beach is part of the Stackpole Estate which is managed by the National Trust. It's a beautiful estate with several beaches, lily ponds, and wonderful places to walk.



3. Walking on the beach at Amroth. There are many beautiful beaches in this part of the world, but this one is closest to my heart. Here C strides ahead awaiting his icecream (salted caramel) and I linger a little longer with the sea.



4. Sunset at Amroth. After dinner we normally go for a walk along the seafront. This is definitely my happy place!



5. Crochet time in the evening. This was taken in front of The Great British Bake Off I believe. C kept getting cross with me as a kept moving the blanket as I came to the end of the row! I'm really pleased with my scrappy Granny Square, it's nearly finished now so hopefully a Ta Dah post will be not too far away.



Head on over to see what everyone else has been up to at Amy's lovely blog here. Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful crochet blanket, looked cosy and warm. Loved the picx of Carmarthen, one of my sons live there. I am from South Wales but have lived in England for 57 years, so more English now than Welsh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful break. It's such an idyllic spot, I have a friend who grew up there. Love the look of your blanket, I'd like to do another large granny square blanket but in chunky wool. I might do after the next three I have planned for! Looking forward to your ta-dah moment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great break away, beautiful photos. Love the blanket, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel very much uplifted by this post, your photos are beautiful and the sense of happiness comes across really well. I have a friend who grew up in Tenby, her life ambition is to move back sometime in the not too distant future. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, what a lovely post and such great photos, it makes me wish I was back in Wales.... Tenby beach is surely amazing!
    And your crochet blanket is coming along nicely, woohoo!!! It looks cosy already and will surely keep you warm in the winter!
    Have a great weekend!
    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that lifeboat station from Grand Designs and what a fantastic photo you've taken. Lovely read and including crochet too . Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, love Tenby. were you there for the Iron man last week a couple of thousand entries I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning pics !! And your blanket looks so cozy ... great job ! Have a lovely weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such lovely pictures you shared. The landscaping is beautiful. I'm excited to see your finished blanket. Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pics, and that granny looks great, can't wait to see it finished! : )
    Have a nice weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - I've just popped over from Amy's Five on Friday. Love your pictures especially the sunset. I am crocheting a granny blanket at the moment. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely time you had! I love the picture of your hubby walking with his ice cream! Looks as though the weather was just right too. Looking forward to seeing more blanket! Thank you for joining Five on Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend!!! Sorry to be late visiting, we have been away and just got back today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've had an exciting week. Twnby is such a lovely place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos and memories.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super photos, I do remember that house from Grand Designs, I would love a house soooo close to the sea. Look forward to seeing your crochet ta-dah!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! I love a good beach picture! As summer wanes, these memories feel extra warm. Is autumn on the beach just as lovely? You'll have to head back and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pictures are stunning - especially the first one! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time of relaxing after your thesis submission!

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)