Wednesday 23 September 2015

Autumnal Cowl 2015

I think I shall establish a tradition of making an autumn cowl each summer to be worn over the forthcoming autumn and winter. Last year I made this cowl here, using yarn bought on honeymoon in Austria and I wore it continuously last autumn and winter. This year I have used some yarn bought from a little wool shop in Amroth and this wonderful pattern from The Little Room of Rachell. It's been finished a while but one sunny morning in Wales last week I decided to indulge in a little photo shoot on the decking of my parents' caravan.




The yarn was from the West Yorkshire Spinners, a blend of wool and nylon in their Aire Valley Aran Fusion range, most appropriately entitled 'Autumn Mix'. I'm very much in love! Now the weather seems to be turning I think this will be a permanent fixture around my neck.

And just because, here is the view from the front of my parents' caravan. You can just make the see out between the trees. Take me back!


Have a great week :)

12 comments:

  1. I love your new cowl. The colours are just lovely, very autumnal and perfect to wear now and throughout winter. I wish I was there at your parents' caravan too. That view of the sea is very inviting! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such perfect autumn colors! But I really resent the fact that it's getting cold enough to wear cowls and shawls and scarfs. I am a summer girl and I don't like the chilly weather at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree entirely with Emm.A. Come back summer. Actually, there are some pinks and oranges in your new cowl that remind me of warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cowl! It looks very special and just right for the season! You should come over the Germany - we are having a wonderful autumn day here today :)

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, look, how pretty! I really like this, and I think I'm gonna use the pattern myself, so thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!!! A new autumn/winter cowl each year would be a lovely tradition wouldn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo lovely colours Helen, it's really like a cowl I made in September last year (http://emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/rhapsody-infinity-scarf.html), so similar, excellent choice of colours!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love this yarn. Such warm, autumnal colours! I love cowls like this but I find them too warm until it gets really cold in winter. Maybe I'll make one in a really thin yarn and try it out. Hmm.. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love this yarn. Such warm, autumnal colours! I love cowls like this but I find them too warm until it gets really cold in winter. Maybe I'll make one in a really thin yarn and try it out. Hmm.. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a brilliant idea and a brilliant cowl. Gorgeous colors!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colours, I wouldn't want to take it off either! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours you have used and how lovely that it will remind you of your honeymoon each time you wear it. Hx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)