Sunday 21 December 2014

Checking In: December




Making : A garland of crochet stars to add to my parents' Christmas decoration collection

Cooking : Not much recently, I've been rather spoilt by C who is a wonderful chef

Drinking : Mulled wine, just one of my many favourite Christmas smells and tastes

Reading: Finally something for pleasure, Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan - it's very gripping! I'm thinking about starting book review blog posts next year as a way to keep up the reading, so maybe watch this space for more info :)

Wanting: To finish editing a certain chapter of my thesis before Xmas


Looking: At jobs, or starting to, I need motivation to finish this thing

Playing: Cheesy Christmas music non-stop


Deciding: What to wear for a Christmas meal with friends 

Wishing: Everyone a very peaceful and content holiday season


Waiting: For Christmas :)


Wondering: What will 2015 bring?


Loving: These crochet Christmas baubles


Watching: The Good Wife, actually a really enjoyable TV series


Smelling: My lovely Yankee Candle 'Christmas Eve' it's beautifully festive


Wearing: My Christmas Jumper. It's got a big robin and balls of snow on it


Feeling: Cold - it's gone rather chilly here again

Admiring: These stars, so much to admire, so little time ;)


Sorting: and wrapping Christmas presents


Buying: Some sneaky wool for new years projects... shhh...


Opening: A nice bottle of wine bought in Oz last year, happy memories :) 

Feeling: A little bit more festive than last week :)

Snacking: Mince Pies and Panettone 

Coveting: An open log fire

Hearing: Michael Buble's Christmas album

Photos from a lovely afternoon at Barnsdale Gardens 


8 comments:

  1. Hello Helen, those gardens look wonderful and so neat. I have just spent a blissful couple of hours in mine which is looking better but needed a day on it really.
    Enjoy your wine, it must be G and T time for me surely-it is Christmas, yay x
    Have a wonderful Christmas Helen, enjoy time with your friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen! Sounds like you are enjoying the Christmas season!!!
    Just wanted to wish you a Happy Christmas!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you in advance a very happy christmas and I wish you to edit your chapter .... I know this hard work ..... I did it 16 years ago !!! Good luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours sounds like a very nice December indeed! : )
    Wish you a nice Xmas week - and Merry Xmas, in case we don't hear from each other before! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post - I really like these check-ins! Mmmhh, mulled wine! I shall make some tonight too. :)

    Fingers crossed that you will finish the chapter til christmas!!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear helen,
    great post...i wish that you will finish the chapter til christmas.the photos from the garden are beautiful!!
    Wish you a wonderful christmas with your family,
    hugs and love,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds as though you are having a lovely happy busy time right now! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)