Wednesday 2 April 2014

Spring Cowl

Ta Dah!


It only took me two evenings in the end, I went to visit my Nana on Monday and just sat and crocheted while I talked to her. Really pleased with the finished result, I think it looks pretty and I'm loving the colour: it's a cheap acrylic yarn off Ebay: Cygnet chunky. I used a 6mm hook, and this pattern from the wonderful Fiber Flux blog.


I don't think the lines are supposed to be there technically - I think I only crocheted through the top loop or something by mistake - but I quite like the effect :) The pattern's so easy and looks so nice I'm going to buy some nice variegated yarn and make one for a friend's birthday.


It's very snug without being too bulky for Spring: perfect!

I hope all your projects are going well :)

Helen

8 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I think that the lines thing is indeed if you only go through one stitch not two, however, you can work it to your advantage to include it in the pattern I think. It depends if you are only going through one loop or two and whether or not you go in through the front or back of that stitch as to whether or not you get the line! If you experiment you can work it out and then make it work for you - or not! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! And thanks for the hints - think I'm going to have to have a sit down and work it through - I don't know what I'm doing to be honest! I was going through one stitch for sure, possibly the front.... Chances are I won't be able to recreate it!! Hope your ripple blanket is progressing :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh this is lovely! Very spring like and a great colour.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Marianne :) I've worn it lots, I'm enjoying the colour muchly! I loved your daisy blanket - so pretty :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Helen, thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment on my bunny cake! I love this scarf that you made it's so pretty the color of yarn you chose. Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by today.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm that cake looked really yummy :) hehe thanks very much, it seems to match everything in my wardrobe by some lucky chance! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. Hi Helen, what a lovely cowl and such a quick and satisfying knit project for you, does your nana crochet too? The colour and texture is just perfect for spring :-)

    Crochet With Linda Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Linda, it was the most satisfying thing I've made so far as it was so quick! My Nana used to knit like crazy, things flew off her needles! Sadly her hands are a bit arthritic now and her memory's not as good so she just chats to me while I craft, she's always really interested in what I'm doing! Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)