Monday 24 March 2014

And so it begins... Blanket Tales Part I

Help! I've been caught up in an addictive frenzy of square crocheting, determined to finish a blanket for a camping trip this year. Any spare moment, in work breaks, watching TV, on the train...


I've had a bit of yarn drama in that I ordered some off the internet thinking it would match the stuff I already had, but when it came it was not the same thickness at all! I guess 'chunky' isn't a one size fits all affair? Oh well, 8 more balls of wool for my stash :) (I already have a project in mind so am quite happy!)

And over the weekend (which was fairly busy) I managed 13 squares. Waiting for some more colours to arrive (this time I ordered the same brand, which would probably have been an amazing idea first time round!) so just two at the moment, but I'm so excited!


Just realised how many camper van themed drinking vessels we seem to have.... maybe a bit overly obsessed?!

I'm going to have to tear myself away from my squares however as today marks the 2 month count down to the *Big Day* so wedding crochet will have to take priority...

Have a lovely week everyone,

Helen x

10 comments:

  1. I am sure that if you are a campervan lover you can never have too many themed accessories!! Hope that the planning and countdown to the big day goes really well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope so Amy! Our house is full of them!! Thanks very much, am starting to get a move on now it's so imminent! Hope all's well with you xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Thanks for popping by, if you are working to a tight time table for your blanket, try doing a few less stitches on each side cant see exactly how many you are using but try....1st round 3tr, each side, 7tr 2nd round each side and 11tr each side for round 3, with 2ch as corners 3 ch if your crochet is tight....they will be a bit quicker to make and sit a bit flatter for you....anything to make a blanket quicker to make, hope that helps
    Look forward to seeing your blanket fiished....is it for a camping trip or are you doing one of the VW shows?
    We have a VW camper called Noo Noo aswell as the variant Love of Phil's life lol
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks Sue I will have a look at that! So itchy to get it finished :) The blanket's for camping trips - we've only been on one so far and it was so cold that a big blanket went on the 'to buy list': since I developed the crochet addiction I decided would be lovely to make one! Yours is looking lovely, I definitely want to branch out to granny squares next. Noo Noo is a great name! Men and their VWs.....! xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck with all your crocheted squares! I am crocheting squares for a granny square blanket too.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Good luck with yours too - it's so addictive isn't it?! xx

      Delete
  4. We are all in love with Granny squares, I am making a waistcoat for myself using granny squares, it is work-in-progress and I hope to blog about it towards the end of this week. This project is also my first granny square project, though I do not need to make quite so many as you would for a blanket.
    You've made a great start with yours, I had to laugh about your internet yarn purchase, though good yarn will never go to waste :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a waistcoat sounds great! Good luck with it I'll look forward to seeing the finished result :) Hehe C thinks I did it on purpose to get more yarn in my stash (due to space limitations there is a limit apparently!!) but I've got a couple of ideas for it so will get stuck in soon.... I wonder how many WIPs at the same time is too many....! xx

      Delete
  5. This is going to be so pretty! Nice work Helen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Astri! I loved your beautiful flowers - hope the project is going well :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)