Friday 14 February 2014

Taking the plunge....

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11775087/?claim=ctnf7db9533">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Welcome to my first blog :) I've been meaning to start one for a while and have finally taken the plunge! Baby steps for now, as technology is not my forte...

2014 looks set to be an amazing year, and I want to use my blog to focus on all the things that make me happy in life. I'm taking up knitting and crochet, having cross stitched since I was a little girl, and want to use my blog to chart my progress, share any inspirations and hopefully gain hints and tips from the wider community :) I'm getting married in May and started doing little bits of crochet for that so that's been the motivation to get going with crafty delights a bit more often, nothing too complicated but some cute hearts and flowers to incorporate into the decorations



The hearts are from the wonderful Fiber Flux blog, which is giving me so much aspiration


And I got the simple flower patter from The Making Spot before it shut down (:(). All very simple but I am hoping to build my confidence and attack some bigger projects soon!

Alongside crafts the other project in my life is our campervan, Bonnie. She's a lovely T2 Bay Window bus, and has just had a massive facelift. She's a blank canvas now and we're working on the interior, I managed to make the curtains last summer on a second hand sewing maching (having never used one before) They're not perfect but look the part! 


My ultimate aim is to crochet a nice warm blanket to leave in her, so I will be building up to that I hope (once I master the art of granny squares!)

Well that's enough for now, Happy Weekend!

Helen  x

7 comments:

  1. Hello! Welcome to the world of the blog. You have a couple of my main shares in life, a lazy (but lovely) cat, a crafty nature (!) But you have a vw van which always make me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I loved your blog - am going to try the sticks with pretty pom poms and other things on them at the weekend! Bonnie's all wrapped up at the moment but we're looking forward to getting her out and about soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new blog and your impending marriage. I look forward to following you along! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) I'm looking forward to following you too! xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Helen, thank you for finding my blog (Crochet with Linda Dawn) and for following me with bloglovin. Welcome to the blogging community, you will find lots of inspiration and the blogging community is so friendly, encouraging and helpful.
    Many congratulations on your upcoming wedding in May and I look forward to following your progress with your crafty wedding decorations, how exciting for you.
    Have camper will travel, how lovely to have a blank canvas that you can make your own 'home from home', I'm sure you will find lots of ideas around the blogs you find to fill it with all sorts of crafty projects.
    I am from the UK too and I have been contributing to my blog since summer last year, if you have any questions I am happy to help with what I have managed to learn so far. Above all, enjoy your blogging experience.
    Bye for now
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda lovely to hear from you :) The community is really great, I'm so glad I stumbled across it - there are so many sources of inspiration, ideas and of course advice :) Thanks for your offer, no doubt once I stumble past the beginners projects I will asking for sure! Always on the look out for camper crochet ideas, really excited about making her all homey and pretty. Wedding decorations are at the 'need assembling' stage which is so much harder than the 'crochet a pretty heart' stage so will motivate myself with a blog post on them soon :) Take care xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)