Monday 24 February 2014

Hooked!

After a peaceful (and surprisingly sunny) weekend at home I've finally taken the teeny tiny steps away from my crochet hearts and flowers to making something practically useful ;) Inspired initially by this pattern at Lion Brand Yarns and then the lovely version on the Bunny Mummy blog I finally decided to just get on with it and practice my double crochet. It grew so much quicker than my previous attempt at knitting!




And I was so pleased with the final results:



I used a Sirdar click yarn and it was lovely to work with, and very forgiving in terms of covering up any mistakes ;) Now to think about adding a little flower or something to decorate :) I am oh so definitely hooked...

My mother-in-law to be came to visit us for the weekend and between us we crocheted a mountain of hearts and flowers for wedding decorations which I have just started to sew in to finish off (definitely not my favourite job!)


Next task is to think about assembling them! We had a lovely day shopping as well, and I have a fantastic jug from a thrifty market stall (only £4.99) and some bright and cheerful daffodils to remember the weekend...



4 comments:

  1. Lovely warmers! I love that jug too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pradeepa! They're coming in useful already - hurry up Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your warmers are lovely!! Some little flowers will make them look very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - I loved yours and will be using your pattern for the next pair! The edging was so pretty :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)