Tuesday 1 December 2015

A Week In Snapshots

How is it December already? I barely feel like I experienced November, it's just been a whirlwind. In a nutshell, I am still enjoying the new job (the commute not so much). The house move is progressing slowly. Oh so slowly. But we hope to move in January, mortgage/solicitors/estate agents willing.

Last week I was travelled to Bristol and Newcastle for work, and while I enjoyed it I was pretty shattered by the end! I am very much missing my blog, so I made an effort to try and capture some of the last week in snapshots, I wasn't amazingly successful but I managed to get a few.


Monday morning, 7am. Waiting for my boss to pick me up on campus ready to head to Bristol. This is one of the more attractive buildings on campus, I thought it looked pretty in the dawn light.


Admiring my wonderful Mum's handiwork - she knitted me this jumper using Sirdar Folksong chunky. I love it - it matches pretty much all of my clothes and is so warm, like a portable Mum hug.



We popped into Peterborough to finally start our Christmas shopping at the weekend. It's not the most beautiful city but the old centre is quite pretty, and I do love the cathedral.


Latest crochet make - a very simple phone case! Taken in one of the hotel rooms (I forget which) I have a new phone and it needed protection.

So very little to report from here, I miss blogland and will try and make some time to read more blogs. Busy busy and I really just want to move so commuting hours are reduced! And I haven't even had time to think about Christmas crafting this year, sigh.

7 comments:

  1. You have been busy, glad you are enjoying your new job, that is so wonderful. Well done by your Mom.
    Hus,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Mum hug, I love it. Glad you are enjoying the job, I always think waiting for a new house seems to take so long but you'll get there and will have a new place to make your own. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying your new job, I hope that it will be even better when you moved. The cardigan from your Mum is lovely, a great thing indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the job is going well and I hope the move goes through smoothly. The jumper looks very cosy, how convenient it matches lots of stuff you already have! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for you that you're enjoying your new job and your mum's jumper ... Have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a portable mum hug too - how sweet! Hope the move goes smoothly and you get a bit of time for Christmas crafting too! Have a fun weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit late coming to this but I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the job, commuting isn't much fun is it, even for relatively short journeys 5 days a week. I doubt you have had much time for crafting. I hope the house move is going well and that you had a great Christmas (with no PhD hanging over you this year!)
    Best wishes for 2016!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)