Monday 18 May 2015

A wonderful week

Back home again after the most amazing week away. As I mentioned last time I handed a full draft of my thesis to my two supervisors for their comments last Friday and since then I have been enjoying some freedom, and time away from the dreaded monster!

Last Saturday we visited my lovely mother-in-law who lives in the beautiful Malvern Hills. We went to the RHS Malvern Spring Festival and had a wander around, there were so many flowers I was in awe! If we weren't planning on moving soon then I'd have been spending a fair few pounds on stocking up the garden, but maybe next year :) On the Sunday we went for a walk in the hills. On the hill opposite my MIL's house there are lots of bluebells and they were in bloom for us, apparently some years they're brighter so I will need to check in again next year. We walked around the bluebells and then up into the hills for a wander, it was a bit cloudy but the views never fail to disappoint.







As we walked down into Great Malvern we found some yarn bombing in the centre, how cute is this?! I especially love the slug.




And then from Malvern we travelled to wonderful Pembrokeshire, back to my parents' static caravan. We had such a relaxed week together, we went back to old haunts and explored new ones, up on the rugged cliffs, down in sheltered bays, the coastline really has something for everyone!











And I was super lucky to spend my birthday in this wonderful place. Spoiled by all the lovely people in my life :)

C and I needed the time away together, I've been a pretty rubbish wife of late, I turned into a bit of an automaton in the final weeks of putting my first draft together. He's been so wonderful and supportive, I'm a very lucky girl.

And now back to the real world, it's nice to be home if a little daunting that the next paths aren't known yet. I hope that you are all well my dear readers, I have missed this space and blogland a lot over the last month.

12 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to you!!! Your trip looks beyond amazing! And that shot of all of those bluebells is amazing! You have inspired me to get my traveling shoes on! Congrats on being done and a wonderful week to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Happy Birthday from me too, though a bit late! xx
    I'm so glad to read you've had a great time, the place you visited looks just lovely - I'd never seen so many bluebells, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to you! And congrats on handing in the first draft! A milestone :)

    Your pics look wonderful and the slug is indeed awesome!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and happy birthday!

    The bluebells' field was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, your photos look fantastic, bluebells are so beautiful. Congratulations on finishing your draft, my OH has just submitted the draft for his 3rd, I'm hoping he'll stop now, lol. I've planned to visit that area but not made it yet. perhaps we'll be able to soon. Thank you so much for visiting my little blog, it was lovely to see you there. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely break you've had, a really well deserved one. I hope we can visit Pembrokshire too. It looks so beautiful there. We were actually planning to go this summer but have decided to go back to Robin Hood's Bay instead. Maybe next year. Belated happy birthday to you and good luck to all your future plans! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy belated birthday, it sound like you've had a lovely peaceful break x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday a bit late, I am so glad you were able to get away and relax. Remember your husband is supposed to be encouraging in tough times, just like you would be for him. It sounds like you had a great time together.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a lovely break and a lovely birthday! I'm pleased for you that the deadline for your thesis has been met and is behind you! A new season awaits :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you've had a good rest and a happy birthday too! Such a wonderful sea of bluebells - I always think of them as woodland plants, so seeing them growing across a hillside is a real surprise.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday to you! The bluebells are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for handing in your thesis, phew what a relief, Looks like you had a super weekend, lots of fresh air. Belated happy birthday!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments :)